- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) GOYA® Coconut Milk
- ¼ cups raisins
- 5 GOYA® Whole Cloves
- 1 GOYA® Cinnamon Stick
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- ½ tsp. GOYA® Salt
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 loaf (12 oz.) Challah or brioche bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bottle (14 oz.) GOYA® Dulce de Leche
Prep: 10 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 20 min. | Serves: 10
- Heat oven to 325°F In saucepan over medium-high heat, bring heavy cream, coconut milk, raisins, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and salt to boil. Remove pot from heat. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger.
- In large bowl, using whisk, beat together egg yolks and sugar until yolks are pale yellow. Gradually whisk in reserved coconut milk mixture and 1 cup shredded coconut. Add bread cubes; stir to coat; let sit until saturated, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer bread mixture to greased 13"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining coconut flakes. Bake, uncovered, until custard is just set and springy to the touch (quick read thermometer inserted in center should read 160°F), about 35 minutes. Serve warm; drizzle with dulce de leche before serving, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of goya.com